Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2023
Printed: 05 February 2023 8:39 AM

News

20 Dec 2022 - Performance Report: Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund

By: FundMonitors.com

Report Date20 December 2022
ManagerBennelong Australian Equity Partners
Fund NameBennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateNovember 2022
Latest Return2.05%
Latest 6 Months-1.44%
Latest 12 Months-27.51%
Latest 24 Months (pa)-2.24%
Annualised Since Inception13.67%
Inception Date30 January 2009
FUM (millions)AU$1466.89
Fund OverviewThe Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund is a portfolio of BAEP's best high-conviction picks. It aims to grow investment value over the long term via a combination of capital growth and income, by investing in a diversified portfolio of Australian shares. It typically holds 20-35 stocks, primarily from the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index.
Manager CommentsThe Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund rose by +2.05% in November, a difference of -4.53% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return benchmark which rose by +6.58%.

The Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund has a track record of 13 years and 10 months and has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return benchmark since inception in February 2009, providing investors with an annualised return of 13.67% compared with the benchmark's return of 9.98% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund has experienced a negative annual return on 2 occasions in the 13 years and 10 months since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -30.58% vs the index's -11.9%, and since inception in February 2009 the fund's largest drawdown was -31.81% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in December 2021 and has so far lasted 11 months, reaching its lowest point during September 2022. During this period, the index's maximum drawdown was -11.9%.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 1.9% more volatility than the benchmark, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has fallen below 1 five times over the past five years and which currently sits at 0.76 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 90% of the time in rising markets and 18% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 131% and a down-capture ratio of 97%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476
Email: [email protected]