Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
© Copyright 2024
Printed: 03 March 2024 9:08 AM


24 Nov 2022 - Performance Report: Bennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund


Report Date24 November 2022
ManagerBennelong Australian Equity Partners
Fund NameBennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateOctober 2022
Latest Return5.55%
Latest 6 Months-8.57%
Latest 12 Months-16.75%
Latest 24 Months (pa)6.80%
Annualised Since Inception9.39%
Inception Date02 December 2015
FUM (millions)AU$78.47
Fund OverviewThe Bennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund provides exposure to the S&P/ASX300 universe through a combination of actively managed ex-20 stocks and a passive exposure to the top 20 stocks. It aims to give investors a cost-effective opportunity to access BAEP's proven ex-20 strategy combined with an index position in the top 20.
Manager CommentsThe Bennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund rose by +5.55% in October, a difference of -0.49% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which rose by +6.04%.

The Bennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund has a track record of 13 years and has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in November 2009, providing investors with an annualised return of 9.39% compared with the index's return of 7.51% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund has experienced a negative annual return on 2 occasions in the 13 years since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -21.64% vs the index's -11.9%, and since inception in November 2009 the fund's largest drawdown was -26.09% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in February 2020 and lasted 9 months, reaching its lowest point during March 2020. The fund had completely recovered its losses by November 2020.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 0.68% more volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has fallen below 1 five times over the past five years and which currently sits at 0.56 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 94% of the time in rising markets and 7% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 117% and a down-capture ratio of 99%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476
Email: [email protected]