Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2022
Printed: 10 December 2022 7:07 PM

News

17 Oct 2022 - Performance Report: Bennelong Emerging Companies Fund
By: FundMonitors.com

Report Date17 October 2022
ManagerBennelong Australian Equity Partners
Fund NameBennelong Emerging Companies Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateSeptember 2022
Latest Return-4.21%
Latest 6 Months-21.12%
Latest 12 Months-25.91%
Latest 24 Months (pa)4.19%
Annualised Since Inception16.49%
Inception Date01 November 2017
FUM (millions)AU$91.77
Fund OverviewThe Bennelong Emerging Companies Fund provides exposure to small-cap and micro-cap stocks listed on the ASX. As these stocks are often less well known and researched, BAEP aims to be disciplined in focusing on higher quality and lower risk options that they believe have solid growth prospects.
Manager CommentsThe Bennelong Emerging Companies Fund returned -4.21% in September, an outperformance of +1.96% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which fell by -6.17%.

The Bennelong Emerging Companies Fund has a track record of 4 years and 11 months and therefore comparison over all market conditions and against its peers is limited. However, the fund has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in November 2017, providing investors with an annualised return of 16.49% compared with the index's return of 6.03% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund has only experienced a negative annual return once in the 4 years and 11 months since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -31.43% vs the index's -11.9%, and since inception in November 2017 the fund's largest drawdown was -41.74% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in December 2019 and lasted 10 months, reaching its lowest point during March 2020. The fund had completely recovered its losses by October 2020.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 14.68% more volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has fallen below 1 four times over the past four years and which currently sits at 0.64 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 79% of the time in rising markets and 30% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 275% and a down-capture ratio of 121%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476
Email: [email protected]