Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2022
Printed: 05 October 2022 4:35 PM

News

25 Aug 2022 - Performance Report: Collins St Value Fund
By: FundMonitors.com

Report Date25 August 2022
ManagerCollins St Asset Management
Fund NameCollins St Value Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateJuly 2022
Latest Return5.23%
Latest 6 Months-1.99%
Latest 12 Months5.29%
Latest 24 Months (pa)30.04%
Annualised Since Inception16.78%
Inception Date05 February 2016
FUM (millions)AU$200.3
Fund OverviewThe Collins Street Value Fund is an index unaware fund which seeks to create strong investment returns over the medium and long term with capital preservation a priority.

The managers of the fund intend to maintain a concentrated portfolio of investments in ASX listed companies that they have investigated and consider to be undervalued. They will assess the attractiveness of potential investments using a number of common industry based measures, a proprietary in-house model and by speaking with management, industry experts and competitors. Once the managers form a view that an investment offers sufficient upside potential relative to the downside risk, the fund will seek to make an investment.

If no appropriate investment can be identified the managers are prepared to hold cash and wait for the right opportunities to present themselves.
Manager CommentsThe Collins St Value Fund rose by +5.23% in July, a difference of -0.52% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which rose by +5.75%.

The Collins St Value Fund has a track record of 6 years and 6 months and has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in February 2016, providing investors with an annualised return of 16.78% compared with the index's return of 9.42% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund hasn't experienced any negative annual returns in the 6 years and 6 months since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -11.41% vs the index's -11.9%, and since inception in February 2016 the fund's largest drawdown was -27.46% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in February 2020 and lasted 7 months, reaching its lowest point during March 2020. The fund had completely recovered its losses by September 2020.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 3.34% more volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has fallen below 1 three times over the past five years and which currently sits at 0.92 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 84% of the time in rising markets and 63% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 79% and a down-capture ratio of 42%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476
Email: [email protected]