Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2022
Printed: 13 August 2022 11:01 PM

News

21 Jul 2022 - Performance Report: Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund
By: FundMonitors.com

Report Date21 July 2022
ManagerBennelong Australian Equity Partners
Fund NameBennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateJune 2022
Latest Return-7.28%
Latest 6 Months-30.57%
Latest 12 Months-24.38%
Latest 24 Months (pa)3.65%
Annualised Since Inception13.61%
Inception Date30 January 2009
FUM (millions)AU$1581.62
Fund OverviewThe Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund is a portfolio of BAEP's best high-conviction picks. It aims to grow investment value over the long term via a combination of capital growth and income, by investing in a diversified portfolio of Australian shares. It typically holds 20-35 stocks, primarily from the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index.
Manager CommentsThe Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund returned -7.28% in June, an outperformance of +1.49% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which fell by -8.77%.

The Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund has a track record of 13 years and 5 months and has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in February 2009, providing investors with an annualised return of 13.61% compared with the index's return of 9.27% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund has experienced a negative annual return on 2 occasions in the 13 years and 5 months since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -31.8% vs the index's -11.9%, and since inception in February 2009 the fund's largest drawdown was -31.8% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in December 2021 and has lasted 6 months, reaching its lowest point during June 2022. During this period, the index's maximum drawdown was -11.9%.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 1.85% more volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has fallen below 1 five times over the past five years and which currently sits at 0.77 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 90% of the time in rising markets and 19% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 137% and a down-capture ratio of 96%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476

Email: [email protected]