Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2022
Printed: 05 December 2022 1:26 PM

News

15 Jul 2022 - Performance Report: Bennelong Australian Equities Fund
By: FundMonitors.com

Report Date15 July 2022
ManagerBennelong Australian Equity Partners
Fund NameBennelong Australian Equities Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateJune 2022
Latest Return-7.71%
Latest 6 Months-28.55%
Latest 12 Months-22.19%
Latest 24 Months (pa)6.52%
Annualised Since Inception11.96%
Inception Date30 January 2009
FUM (millions)AU$1060.07
Fund OverviewThe Bennelong Australian Equities Fund is a high conviction 'core' fund. It aims to grow investment value over the long term via a combination of capital growth and income, by investing in a diversified portfolio of Australian shares. It typically holds 25-50 stocks across the spectrum of the Australian share market (primarily from the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index).
Manager CommentsThe Bennelong Australian Equities Fund returned -7.71% in June, an outperformance of +1.06% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which fell by -8.77%.

The Bennelong Australian Equities Fund has a track record of 13 years and 5 months and has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in February 2009, providing investors with an annualised return of 11.96% compared with the index's return of 9.27% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund has only experienced a negative annual return once in the 13 years and 5 months since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -29.92% vs the index's -11.9%, and since inception in February 2009 the fund's largest drawdown was -29.92% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in December 2021 and has lasted 6 months, reaching its lowest point during June 2022. During this period, the index's maximum drawdown was -11.9%.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 1.39% more volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has fallen below 1 five times over the past five years and which currently sits at 0.69 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 91% of the time in rising markets and 17% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 129% and a down-capture ratio of 99%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476
Email: [email protected]