Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2022
Printed: 01 December 2022 5:42 PM

News

21 Apr 2022 - Performance Report: Airlie Australian Share Fund
By: FundMonitors.com

Report Date21 April 2022
ManagerAirlie Funds Management
Fund NameAirlie Australian Share Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateMarch 2022
Latest Return5.02%
Latest 6 Months3.48%
Latest 12 Months20.61%
Latest 24 Months (pa)31.62%
Annualised Since Inception12.87%
Inception Date01 June 2018
FUM (millions)AU$327.22
Fund OverviewThe Fund aims to provide investors with long-term capital growth and regular income through investment in Australian equities.

The Fund is long-only with a bottom-up focus. It has a concentrated portfolio of 15-35 stocks (target 25). The fund has a maximum cash holding of 10% with an aim to be fully invested.

Airlie employs a prudent investment approach that identifies companies based on their financial strength, attractive durable business characteristics and the quality of their management teams. Airlie invests in these companies when their view of their fair value exceeds the prevailing market price.

It is jointly managed by Matt Williams and Emma Fisher. Matt has over 25 years' investment experience and formerly held the role of Head of Equities and Portfolio Manager at Perpetual Investments. Emma has over 8 years' investment experience and has previously worked as an investment analyst within the Australian equities team at Fidelity International and, prior to that, at Nomura Securities.
Manager CommentsThe Airlie Australian Share Fund rose by +5.02% in March, a difference of -1.87% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which rose by +6.89%.

The Airlie Australian Share Fund has a track record of 3 years and 10 months and therefore comparison over all market conditions and against its peers is limited. However, the fund has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in June 2018, providing investors with an annualised return of 12.87% compared with the index's return of 10.04% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund hasn't experienced any negative annual returns in the 3 years and 10 months since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -6.79% vs the index's -6.35%, and since inception in June 2018 the fund's largest drawdown was -23.8% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in February 2020 and lasted 9 months, reaching its lowest point during March 2020. The fund had completely recovered its losses by November 2020.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 0.52% less volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has only fallen below 1 once over the past three years and which currently sits at 0.81 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 97% of the time in rising markets and 14% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 106% and a down-capture ratio of 92%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476
Email: [email protected]