Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2022
Printed: 07 July 2022 8:17 PM

News

14 Apr 2022 - Performance Report: Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund
By: FundMonitors.com

Report Date14 April 2022
ManagerBennelong Australian Equity Partners
Fund NameBennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateMarch 2022
Latest Return2.49%
Latest 6 Months-14.38%
Latest 12 Months4.85%
Latest 24 Months (pa)25.79%
Annualised Since Inception15.71%
Inception Date30 January 2009
FUM (millions)AU$1814.09
Fund OverviewThe Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund is a portfolio of BAEP's best high-conviction picks. It aims to grow investment value over the long term via a combination of capital growth and income, by investing in a diversified portfolio of Australian shares. It typically holds 20-35 stocks, primarily from the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index.
Manager CommentsThe Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund rose by +2.49% in March, a difference of -4.4% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which rose by +6.89%.

The Bennelong Concentrated Australian Equities Fund has a track record of 13 years and 2 months and has outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in February 2009, providing investors with an annualised return of 15.71% compared with the index's return of 10.51% over the same period.

On a calendar year basis, the fund has experienced a negative annual return on 2 occasions in the 13 years and 2 months since its inception. Over the past 12 months, the fund's largest drawdown was -17.98% vs the index's -6.35%, and since inception in February 2009 the fund's largest drawdown was -24.11% vs the index's maximum drawdown over the same period of -26.75%. The fund's maximum drawdown began in February 2020 and lasted 6 months, reaching its lowest point during March 2020. The fund had completely recovered its losses by August 2020.

The Manager has delivered these returns with 1.69% more volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has fallen below 1 four times over the past five years and which currently sits at 0.9 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 90% of the time in rising markets and 20% of the time during periods of market decline, contributing to an up-capture ratio since inception of 137% and a down-capture ratio of 93%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476

Email: [email protected]