Big Player - Investment Snapshot
Insync Fund Managers
Thanks to COVID-19 online shopping has catapulted in popularity. Subsequently, so has the Buy Now Pay Later (BPNL) universe. But, with so many BPNL players in the industry, which one do you choose?
Size does matter and reach is paramount for merchants who want to offer a range of payment providers but must nearly always include bigger players like PayPal.
PayPal wins for merchants and many purchasers because:
1. PayPal has 396 million customers
2. PayPal processes approximately 60% of all online retail spending (ex-China)
3. PayPal thrives without late fee income unlike most competitors
4. PayPal is already indirectly in the Chinese market via Go Pay and Shanghai-based Union Pay with potential to reach 500 million Chinese shoppers
5. Information Technology Resources - PayPal launched its BNPL response far quicker than any smaller player could imagine
Merchants don't want a window full of logo stickers for payment providers and Millennials are too savvy to have a phone full of BNPL apps. They want proven providers when managing their money and money transfers.
Other Global Tech stocks/themes include: NVDIA, Amazon, VISA, Apple Pay, Nintendo, Hydrogen, and Low Emission energy.
Insync's investment strategy concentrates on disruption and its interrelationship with a global Megatrend rather than just investing in disruptive companies.
Our investment philosophy revolves around high quality companies. We look for companies that are benefiting from disruption, have long runways of growth through exposure to global Megatrends and are highly profitable.
Funds operated by this manager: