|Latest Return Date|
|Latest 6 Months|
|Latest 12 Months|
|Latest 24 Months (pa)|
|Annualised Since Inception|
The investment team looks for industrial businesses that are simple to understand, generally avoiding large caps, pure mining, biotech and start-ups.
They also look for:
- Access to management;
- Businesses with a competitive edge;
- Profitable companies with good margins, organic growth prospects, strong market position and a track record of healthy dividend growth;
- Sectors with structural advantage and barriers to entry;
- 15% p.a. pre-tax compound return on each holding; and
- A history of stable and predictable cash flows that DS Capital can understand and value.
The DS Capital Growth Fund has a track record of 8 years and 11 months and has consistently outperformed the ASX 200 Total Return Index since inception in January 2013, providing investors with a return of 16.39%, compared with the index's return of 9.71% over the same time period.
On a calendar basis the fund has had 1 negative annual return in the 8 years and 11 months since its inception. Its largest drawdown was -22.53% lasting 6 months, occurring between February 2020 and August 2020 when the index fell by a maximum of -26.75%.
The Manager has delivered these returns with -2.29% less volatility than the index, contributing to a Sharpe ratio which has never fallen below 1 and currently sits at 1.29 since inception. The fund has provided positive monthly returns 90% of the time in rising markets, and 35% of the time when the market was negative, contributing to an up capture ratio since inception of 73% and a down capture ratio of 46%.