|Latest Return Date|
|Latest 6 Months|
|Latest 12 Months|
|Latest 24 Months (pa)|
|Annualised Since Inception|
The investment team looks for industrial businesses that are simple to understand, generally avoiding large caps, pure mining, biotech and start-ups.
They also look for:
- Access to management;
- Businesses with a competitive edge;
- Profitable companies with good margins, organic growth prospects, strong market position and a track record of healthy dividend growth;
- Sectors with structural advantage and barriers to entry;
- 15% p.a. pre-tax compound return on each holding; and
- A history of stable and predictable cash flows that DS Capital can understand and value.
The fund's down-capture ratio for returns since inception is 41.96%. Over all other periods, the fund's down-capture ratio has ranged from a high of 66.66% over the most recent 36 months to a low of -141.82% over the latest 12 months. A down-capture ratio less than 100% indicates that, on average, the fund has outperformed in the market's negative months over the specified period, and negative down-capture ratio indicates that, on average, the fund delivered positive returns in the months the market fell.
The fund's Sharpe ratio has ranged from a high of 4.96 for performance over the most recent 12 months to a low of 1.04 over the latest 60 months, and is 1.35 for performance since inception. By contrast, the ASX 200 Total Return Index's Sharpe for performance since January 2013 is 0.65.