Fund Monitors Pty Ltd

www.fundmonitors.com
© Copyright 2022
Printed: 07 July 2022 8:29 PM

News

26 Oct 2021 - Performance Report: Bennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund
By: Australian Fund Monitors

Report Date25 October 2021
ManagerBennelong Australian Equity Partners (BAEP), a Bennelong boutique
Fund NameBennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund
StrategyEquity Long
Latest Return DateSeptember 2021
Latest Return-0.92%
Latest 6 Months15.67%
Latest 12 Months42.36%
Latest 24 Months (pa)18.80%
Annualised Since Inception11.99%
Inception Date02 December 2015
FUM (millions)AU$24.48
Fund OverviewThe Fund aims to outperform the return of the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index by 2% per annum after fees on a rolling three-year basis by combining indexed positions in the S&P/ASX 20 stocks with an actively managed exposure to primarily Australian stocks that are outside the S&P/ASX 20.

The Fund is managed as one portfolio but comprises and combines two separately managed exposures:

1. An investment in the top 20 stocks of the markets, which the Fund achieves by taking an indexed position in the S&P/ASX 20 Index; and

2. An investment in the stocks beyond the S&P/ASX 20 Index. This exposure is managed on an active basis using a fundamental core approach.

The Fund may also invest in securities expected to be listed on the ASX, securities listed or expected to be listed on other exchanges where such securities relate to ASX-listed securities.Derivative instruments may be used to replicate underlying positions and hedge market and company specific risks. The companies within the portfolio are primarily selected from, but not limited to, the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index.

The Fund typically holds between 40-55 stocks and thus is considered to be highly concentrated. This means that investors should expect to see high short-term volatility. The Fund seeks to achieve growth over the long-term, therefore the minimum suggested investment timeframe is 5 years.
Manager CommentsThe Bennelong Twenty20 Australian Equities Fund returned -0.92% in September, an outperformance of +0.93% compared with the ASX 200 Total Return Index which fell by -1.85%. Over the past 12 months, the fund has risen by +42.36% compared with the index which has returned +30.56%, and since inception in November 2009, has returned +11.99% per annum vs the Index's +8.41%.

The fund's returns over the past 12 months have been achieved with a volatility of 7.86% vs the index's 9.42%. The annualised volatility of the fund's returns since inception in November 2009 is 13.67% vs the index's 13.2%. Over all other periods, the fund's returns have been more volatile than the index.

Since inception in November 2009 in the months where the market was positive, the fund has provided positive returns 97% of the time, contributing to an up-capture ratio for returns since inception of 128.82%. Over all other periods, the fund's up-capture ratio has ranged from a high of 142.43% over the most recent 24 months to a low of 125.68% over the latest 60 months. An up-capture ratio greater than 100% indicates that, on average, the fund has outperformed in the market's positive months over the specified period.

The fund's down-capture ratio for returns since inception is 96.16%.
More Information

Australian Fund Monitors Pty Ltd
A.C.N. 122 226 724
AFSL 324476

Email: [email protected]