|Latest Return Date|
|Latest 6 Months|
|Latest 12 Months|
|Latest 24 Months (pa)|
|Annualised Since Inception|
The investment team looks for industrial businesses that are simple to understand; they generally avoid large caps, pure mining, biotech and start-ups.
They also look for:
- Access to management;
- Businesses with a competitive edge;
- Profitable companies with good margins, organic growth prospects, strong market position and a track record of healthy dividend growth;
- Sectors with structural advantage and barriers to entry;
- 15% p.a. pre-tax compound return on each holding; and
- A history of stable and predictable cash flows that DS Capital can understand and value.
Over the past 12 months, the fund's volatility has been 8.01% compared with the index's volatility of 10.42%. Since inception the fund's volatility has been 11.21% vs the index's volatility of 13.67%, and over all other time periods the fund's volatility has been lower than the ASX 200 Total Return index.
The fund's Sharpe ratio has ranged from a high of 3.85 over the most recent 12 months, to a low of 1 over the past 3 years. Since inception the fund's Sharpe ratio has been 1.29. The fund's Sortino ratio (which excludes volatility in positive months) has ranged from a maximum of 48.9 over the most recent 12 months, to a low of 1.32 over the past 3 years. Since inception the fund's Sortino ratio has been 1.95.
The fund has an up-capture ratio ranging between 114.31% (2 years) and 72.09% (since inception), and over the most recent 12 months has provided an up-capture ratio of 110.95%. It has a down-capture ratio of 45% since inception, and ranging between 73.41% (3 years) and 15.64% (12 months).